Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Scorpio

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 101

Joyce Marilyn Meyer Sommers (July 13, 1927 - December 18, 1996) was a woman who died by suicide in 1996 in Annandale, Virginia. Upon the discovery, she had written a note requesting cremation, no autopsy and signed it as "Jane Doe." While unidentified, she was nicknamed "Christmas Tree Lady".

She was identified by Othram Inc in July 2022.

Joyce Meyer was born on July 13, 1927, the eldest of 3 girls and 2 boys and was raised on a farm outside of Davenport, Iowa. She attended Iowa State University and later moved to Los Angeles where she lived with an aunt while working for Seventeen magazine. Meyer then left Seventeen in the 1950s to teach second grade at a Catholic school in the city. Around that time Meyer began seeing a psychiatrist whose treatments alienated Meyer from her family. Sometime in the 1960s, she had a confrontation with her mother in which Meyer accused her of being a bad parent.

Meyer eventually moved to Seattle and married James E. Sommers, but she didn't notify her family. The couple had no children and divorced in 1977. Meyer then moved to a trailer park in Tucson, Arizona. In the 1980s, Meyer's siblings visited her; she asked them to help build her a home which they couldn't do. Meyer was never seen or heard from again after that.

In the early 1990s, Meyer's siblings attempted to find her. Meyer's brother, Larry Meyer, went back to the trailer park where he found her trailer abandoned. He found four copies of a book in her fridge that she self-published called The Target Child. The book was about Meyer's supposedly abusive childhood, but her sister, Clough, doesn't believe their parents were abusive or that all of them suffered growing up.

During the early 1990's, a private investigator hired by Larry Meyer and Clough's ex-husband managed to find evidence that Meyer moved to the East Coast, but further efforts proved useless. Public records show that Meyer might have lived in Northern Virginia, possibly Alexandria, in 1996. The records show an address for her in downtown Washington D.C, a townhouse on Massachusetts Avenue that has since been integrated into another building.

Annadale Jane Doe has been identified as 69-year-old Joyce Marilyn Meyer Sommers originally from Davenport, Iowa.


13 UNSOLVED: 'Princess Blue' found dead on gravel road in Manvel 30 years ago finally identified
By Courtney Fischer via KTRK logo
Monday, June 22, 2020

MANVEL, Texas (KTRK) -- The missing woman known only as "Princess Blue" for 30 years now has a name.

She is Julie Gwenn Davis, according to Manvel police.

On September 10, 1990, her bones were found on the side of County Road 101, east of what's now Highway 288, in Manvel. There wasn't much evidence, except some silver rings and a pearl bracelet. There was no purse or identification.

The autopsy didn't reveal much. The medical examiner couldn't say for sure how the woman died. There were no drugs in her system. She had a couple of fractured ribs. At the time, it was believed she was likely between 15 and 19 years old. No one in the area came forward looking for a missing woman. The case went cold.

Fast-forward 16 years when a curious detective reopened the box of jewelry collected from the scene and noticed one of the rings was a high school class ring. The year 1975 was carved into the band along with the school name: Robert E. Lee, the high school located in west Houston. Police released pictures of the ring with the bright blue stone to the media, hoping to generate new leads.

The mystery woman became known as Princess Blue.

In November, ABC13 got exclusive access to her case. Detectives showed us never before seen photos of what little evidence they had and her jewelry.

Meanwhile, about 130 miles east of Manvel in Orange, Texas, Danny Davis had just given his DNA to a Texas Ranger, in hopes of finding his sister, Julie Davis, who went missing 33 years ago. The Texas Ranger was investigating the possibility Julie might have been a missing woman found dead in another part of the state.

But when Danny's DNA went into the state database, it matched Princess Blue's DNA. Investigators say with 99.9% certainty, Princess Blue is Julie Davis.

"I'm still trying to process that they found her. That it took so long," Danny told ABC13 over the phone from his home in Orange. "I wouldn't have believed it's her if that detective didn't tell me the DNA matched."

He said he had never heard of the Princess Blue case.

We asked if Julie could have had any connection to Houston or to Robert E. Lee High School.

"I just found out last night from my sister, Shelly, that Shelly met Julie's husband at one point, years back, and she said he was from Houston," Danny said.

Danny believes Julie got married at 18, shortly after she left home and headed for New Orleans. Danny was 17 years old at the time.

"That's the last thing I remember of her, her giving me a hug, telling me she loved me, and she broke down in tears and walked away, and that's the last time I saw her," Danny said.

Detectives still don't know what Julie's connection to the class ring could have been, the ring that made her case so mysterious. Now, the real investigation begins.

Police are looking to Danny and Julie's four other siblings for help.

"I miss her," Danny said. "I'd give anything to see her again. She was always smiling, always happy."

Julie's parents both passed away never knowing what happened to their daughter. But Manvel police have met with Julie's brothers and sisters. Danny says he's in the process of trying to get Julie's remains back to their home in Orange to give Julie the burial she deserves.

"I want (people) to know she had a face. She has a name and now, I'm fixing to give it back to her. And I get to say goodbye to her," Danny said.

Now that Princess Blue has been identified, detectives have reignited the investigation. Because the medical examiner was never able to figure out her cause of death, police still don't know for certain if Julie was murdered.

"To be honest with you, I don't think she died naturally. No one is going to walk down a dead end road, jump over a guardrail and drop dead," Danny said. "Regardless of what it takes, I want to work to find out who took my sister's life, if that happens to be the case. I want them to pay for their crime."

Julie's family is raising money to bury her. If you'd like to donate, visit their gofundme page.


Princess Blue identified:
By Debby Schamber
For the Record 

Almost every little girl wants to be known as a princess, but for 30 years Julie Gwenn Davis, was actually known as "Princess Blue" since her real identity was unknown.

The discovery of Julie's remains began when a man was headed home after a long day at work in Brazoria County near the city of Manvel on Sept. 10, 1990. Along the way he needed to relieve himself and searched for a place to quickly do it. He decided a dead end road, which was sparsely populated, was the best choice. He pulled onto Highway 288 and parked near a barricade. He noticed a pile of debris and a human skull resting inside the rim of a tire. The man went home and informed his wife of what he had found and the pair called local law enforcement. 

Investigators at the scene found about 60 percent of her bones. But, missing were any traces of hair, clothes or any other source of identification. Given the condition of the bones, it is believed the body was there at least six months to a year. 

Brazoria County did not have a medical examiner so the case was forwarded to Harris County. The autopsy revealed an upper left front tooth had been surgically removed. Also revealed were two fractured ribs and a tumor under her left knee. The medical examiner also reported there were no opiates found in her bone marrow. He believed the victim to have died due to foul play although he was unable to determine the manner of death. What would lead the case in a different direction was he concluded she was Hispanic, between the ages of 15-19 and her height was 4'8" to 5'2" tall. Later a forensic artist would say because of her facial structure she was of African American descent. 

Found along with the bones were various pieces of jewelry. These included a silver scroll ring, a gold ring with six clear stones, a pearl banded bracelet, a silver ring with a turquoise stone horse and a 1975 Robert E. Lee High School class ring with a blue stone. 

According to Detective Sgt. Anthony Meshell, of the Manvel Police Department, DNA testing at the time was not available and without knowing her identity they named her Princess Blue because of the blue stones in the rings. 

The case went unsolved. Time moved forward and Julie's family still wondering what had become of her. The location where the remains were discovered is no longer desolate but is now a four lane highway. There is also several businesses including a pharmacy and day care center. 

Two years ago, Meshell obtained her case file and took a closer look at it. Originally, the jewelry was only noted without much detail. He began by checking into information about the high school ring and found the school in Houston. Alumni was interviewed, but nobody recognized her. This lead to another dead end. It was later determined the ring was probably a gift since Julie would have been too young to graduate in 1975. 

Technology evolved and as part of the investigation Meshell obtained the DNA from the remains. In addition, local media was contacted in order to generate new leads. 

But, it would be a little longer before this case would show any promise and not in the way they thought it would. 

Danny, Roland, Stephanie, Shelly and Craig Davis never gave up hope of finding their sister Julie. 

About seven months ago Texas Rangers were conducting an investigation on a case they had named "Corona Girl." This too was a 30 year old cold case of remains found in 1989 of an unidentified female. She was named the Corona Girl because of a Corona Beer T-Shirt she was wearing at the time of her death. The Corona Girl's body was found in Jarell located in Williamson County. They asked Danny to submit his DNA to see if he was a match. It was determined he was not and the remains were later identified as Sue Ann Huskey. 

However, the DNA did match another cold case, Princess Blue. This was not the outcome the siblings expected. In addition, this answer only lead to more questions. 

Julie Davis was the oldest child of six children and born October 21, 1968. Her family refers to her as a "free spirit." She had wavy strawberry blonde hair and sparkling green eyes.Her pale skin was sprinkled with freckles. She had a petite build, but stood about 5-feet 9-inches tall. 

Julie is described by her siblings as "kind-hearted", "gentle" and somebody who "loved to laugh." Julie also gave fabulous hugs. She had a tattoo she was very proud of on her forearm of a Libra astrological sign. The pearl bracelet given to her by her mother was a valued keepsake to her and found among her remains.

The busy family lived a nomadic life and lived in various housing in the Gilmer Homes and Riverside Addition when they lived in Orange. 

The children attended area elementary schools such as Cove, Anderson, and Curtis. Times were tough as the parents, Danny Davis who worked as pipefitter/welder with the Local Union 195 and his wife, Edna Ray worked at a nursing home as a nurse's aide. 

Julie began leaving home around the age of 12 and traveling between Houston and Orange, but would mostly frequent New Orleans. 

The siblings remember good times too. Especially camping as a family at Cow Creek. These memories bring smiles to their faces as they reminisce.

Julie came in and out of their lives over the years. During one of her visits she suddenly arrived at the Jack Tar Hotel to see her family who was staying there. She was with a tall man with dark hair and dark colored full beard.

"He was kind of stand offish," Danny Davis said of the stranger. 

Julie told her family the man was her husband. But, detectives have been unable to find a marriage license. It is believed to have been possibly a "common law" marriage, according to Meshell.

This would be the last time they would ever see her. But, this visit would leave a lasting impression on Danny Davis who was 17 years old at the time. Before she left, she hugged him tight and told him she loved him. She broke down in tears as she started to walk away. 

Within the next three years, her remains would be discovered. The exact date is difficult to pinpoint, but investigators believe Julie was 18 to 21 years old at the time of her death. 

"Over the years I have wondered where she was and if she was still walking this Earth," Danny Davis said. "She had gone before, but always came back home." 

Her family believes the mistaken identity and lack of correct information has stalled the case over the years. They are saddened to realize their parents died in 1993 without getting the chance to learn what became of their little girl.

"It always felt like big hole," Shelly Davis said of her big sister being gone."I always wondered what it would be like just to pick up the phone and talk to her and let our kids play together. " 

 However, they are grateful to finally know where she is located. The family is hoping her remains will be released soon so Julie can be buried by their mother. 

"We are still working this case as a homicide," Meshell said. "We are following up on all leads." 

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call local law enforcement or the Manvel Police Department at 281-489-1212.

Princess Blue has been identified as 20-year-old Julie Gwenn Davis missing from New Orleans, Louisiana since 1987.


Annandale isn't very far from the airport.


This fanny pack is interesting. It's in terrible condition. The elastic looks stretched out in one section. The zipper looks like it has a safety pin attached to it. I guess that's tape on the section at the left. Why would she keep this? It must have had special significance.


Monty Python - The Album Of The Soundtrack Of The Trailer Of The Film Of Monty Python And The Holy Grail

Introduction (Part 2)
Arrival At Castle
Constitutional Peasants
Witch Burning
Camelot Song
Arthur And God
Classic (Silbury Hill)
French Castle
Story So Far
Brave Sir Robin
The Knights Who Say "Ni"
Classic (Silbury Hill) (Part 2)
Marilyn Monroe
Sir Lancelot & Swamp
Tim The Enchanter
Drama Critic
Hand Grenade Of Antioch
Announcement (Part 2)
End Of Quest
Arthur's Song
Documentary - Terry Jones And Michael Palin
Run Away Song

Jewelry: Two clip-on earrings, a small gold women's Guess watch with a mesh band, a 14-karat gold ring with four jade stones, and a metal bead chain with a medic alert "NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin."


The Mystery of The Annandale Cemetery. Virginia 1996.

On December 18, 1996 the remains of a woman were found in Pleasant Valley Memorial Park Cemetery, Annandale, Virginia. She was located near the section of the cemetery where infants are buried. The unidentified woman is described as a white female, about 60 years old, standing 5 feet tall with curly Red or Auburn colored hair. An autopsy reveled the woman had committed suicide by placing a plastic bag over her head and tying it off with masking tape. A toxicology report also revealed the unidentified woman had swallowed Valium and her blood alcohol level was .14%. She had a portable tape player, the headphones over her ears and was listening to a recording of comedians Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner doing their "2000 Year Old Man" routine. The woman left two 50$ bills one for the coroner and one for the cemetery with the same typed note: “Deceased by own hand...prefer no autopsy. Please order cremation with funds provided. Thank you, Jane Doe.” Click on the web links below, read the case file and if you have any information that can help solve, "The Mystery of The Annandale Cemetery," contact you local police.

It's interesting that her ears were not pierced.

Jewelry: Two clip-on earrings, a small gold women's Guess watch with a mesh band, a 14-karat gold ring with four jade stones, and a metal bead chain with a medic alert "NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin."


The 2000 Year Old Man is a persona in a comedy skit, originally created by Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner in 1961.

Mel Brooks played the oldest man in the world, interviewed by Carl Reiner in a series of comedy routines that appeared on television, as well as being made into a collection of records. In a Yiddish accent, Brooks would improvise answers to topics such as the earliest known language ("basic Rock"); manufacturing the Star of David ("I employed six men, see, each with a point. They would run together in the middle of the factory, and in the great speed, they would fuse, thus creating a star. I would make two a day, because of the many ACCidents"; manufacturing the cross ("It was simple. I didn't know then it was eloquent! Two men run together ... BANG! You got a cross! I could have fired four men!"), and Joan of Arc ("KNOW her? I WENT with her, dummy, I WENT with her!").

The inspiration for the skit was a tape-recorded exchange between Brooks and Reiner at a party that took place at Brooks' beachfront house in Lonelyville, on Fire Island.[citation needed] The tape recorder was brought into the mix shortly after the opening salvos, as the two comics soon had the party audience in stitches. In 1961, when the duo began doing the skit on television, Brooks had just undergone surgery for gout. Because of his post-surgical discomfort, Brooks quipped, "I feel like a 2000-year-old man," which led Reiner to begin questioning him about what it's like to be a 2000-year-old man and to describe history as Brooks saw it.

The 2000 Year Old Man
Genre Animated television special
Written by
Mel Brooks
Carl Reiner
Directed by Leo Salkin
Voices of
Mel Brooks
Carl Reiner
Theme music composer Mort Garson
Country of origin United States
Original language(s) English
Producer(s) Leo Salkin
Running time 30 min
Crossbow Productions
Acre Enterprises
Leo Salkin Films
Distributor CBS
Original network CBS
Original release January 11, 1975


You Might Be A Redneck If...
Jeff Foxworthy

June 15, 1993

"Classiques Entier" is a Nordstrom's private label brand of career clothing for women.


Unsettling Tales of the Unknown Dead

By Tom Jackman
December 5, 2000

Just inside Pleasant Valley Memorial Park, a small cemetery in Annandale, a freshly coiffed auburn-haired woman in her late fifties or early sixties spread a clear plastic sheet on the ground. Next to the sheet, she placed an eight-inch Christmas tree, adorned with gold balls and red ribbons. She wore bifocals with a translucent frame, a blue all-weather Eddie Bauer hooded jacket over a blue sweater and blue pants, and she carried a green knapsack.

In the darkness of a mid-December morning, she sat down and finished off a flask of brandy, perhaps chasing it with bottles of peach and mango juices. She turned on a portable tape player, placed headphones over her ears and listened to a recording of comedians Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner doing their "2,000-Year-Old Man" routine. Then she reached into her knapsack and pulled out a plastic bag and a roll of masking tape, placed the bag over her head and tied it off with the tape. She put the roll of tape back in the knapsack, then lay down and suffocated.

It was Dec. 18, 1996, when "Jane Doe" committed suicide, apparently determined to remain anonymous. And nearly four years later, she has.

It happens occasionally in every police department. A body is discovered, and no one seems to know who it is. Sometimes it's a homicide; but more often it's a suicide or death by accident or exposure. Normally, the mystery is solved within hours, a few days at the most.

But even in these days of automated fingerprints, DNA testing and computerized police information networks, Virginia authorities still must unravel about four similar mysteries every year. For some counties, publishing an enhanced photo of the person has led to a quick identification. That is being done for the first time today for Fairfax's Jane Doe, with computer enhancement done by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Statewide, of the 40 unidentified people found since 1990, 38 remain anonymous, said Cynthia Morrison, a medico-legal death investigator for the state medical examiner in Richmond. Even though the state undertakes a long series of scientific steps to try to place a name with a person, many still evade identification.

"With these unidentified people, they're like my children," Morrison said. "I want them to go home. I feel so horrible for the families. Even if they weren't the cream of society, somebody loved them. It's my own personal crusade."

Many of the detectives working on the mysteries feel the same way. The case of Fairfax's Jane Doe shows why.

When cemetery workers found her shortly after 9 a.m., they called police. Detectives Richard Perez and Mike Headley arrived 40 minutes later, and her body was still warm. As the investigators checked her pockets for identification, they found only two envelopes, one addressed to the cemetery and one to the coroner. Both contained two crisp $50 bills and the same typed note:

"Deceased by own hand. . . . Prefer no autopsy. Please order cremation, with funds provided. Thank you, Jane Doe."

When they couldn't identify the woman through fingerprints or locate any family from missing persons reports, police distributed a drawing of the woman through the news media. Still nothing.

Not everyone's fingerprints are on file. Not every missing person is reported to police. "Just because we have the ability to track people doesn't mean we're going to catch everybody," Morrison said. Some of the unidentified may have been mentally ill or homeless, or they may have been substance abusers. "And these are the people that are slipping through the cracks," Morrison said.

The number of unidentified cases has stayed roughly the same over the years--no increases, but no noticeable decreases even with the technological advances.

"What makes it so frustrating," Perez said of Jane Doe, "is this isn't a case where we're dealing with skeletal remains. This is a lady that somebody should recognize."

After a number of days have passed without an identification, police and medical examiners have a standard procedure to try to develop an identity. A complete set of photographs and X-rays, from head to toe, is taken, and the clothes are fully documented. Finger and palm prints are taken, as is a DNA sample.

A forensic odontologist, a specialist in dental science, performs a dental exam and devises a numeric code that is entered into the National Crime Information Computer, as are the codes for the fingerprints. A radiologist reviews the X-rays for distinctive marks or breaks. A high-resolution photo of the prints is sent to the FBI for closer examination. And if the person appears to be from another country, the Immigration and Naturalization Service is also consulted.

Sometimes, all those steps produce nothing. A man who apparently was strangled and discovered in a trunk in Loudoun County in May 1996 remains unidentified. And a woman apparently shot to death in Falls Church in May 1990 also is unidentified.

Technology has provided some help--twice by computer software at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that was used to retouch photos, providing a far less traumatized view of the person.

In Prince William County in 1996, a 19-year-old woman who had been unidentified for two weeks was named the same day her enhanced photo was broadcast on television. And in Alexandria several years earlier, a man who had died of a heart attack on a city street was identified only after his photo was retouched and released.

Fairfax has two unidentified victims from the 1990s. Detectives call the first one "the Bone Lady," because only her skeleton was found in a Centreville field in 1993. When an anthropologist from the Smithsonian Institution examined her, he found knife wounds on the bones, probably dating to the late 1980s. Last year, a Fairfax officer crafted a clay recreation of her face, complete with eyes, hair, lips and her distinctive front teeth, one of which was crooked and decayed.

The other Fairfax case is Jane Doe. Every year during the holiday season, the case gnaws at Perez, because the woman's body was found a week before Christmas. He figured that as healthy and well dressed as she was, and with as many clues as she left, he would have identified her long ago. But he resigned from the Fairfax department Friday to take a job in North Carolina, with Jane Doe still frustrating him.

"If she's a drifter, she's the best-kept drifter I've ever seen," Perez said. She wore a gold Guess watch, a 14-karat gold ring with four jade stones, and clothes that Perez thinks might have come from an upscale store such as Saks Fifth Avenue. The site she chose for her demise, Pleasant Valley, probably wouldn't be known to a drifter.

The woman had an eight-inch scar on her stomach, possibly from a Caesarean section. She lay down to die near the section of the cemetery where infants are buried, but not near any particular grave, and most of the stones nearby were fairly recent.

In addition to drinking brandy (she had a 0.14 blood-alcohol level) and swallowing Valium, she had two empty juice bottles and a new roll of masking tape in her knapsack. But, unlike many suicides Perez sees, she had no receipts in her pockets to enable police to trace her movements. "Most people don't think about that when they commit suicide," Perez said.

"This lady appears to have taken a thoughtful effort to leave us no clue as to who she is, and she's got it all plotted out," Perez added, noting the typed suicide notes, the money for cremation, even the plastic sheet on the ground. "I don't think I've had another case that's beaten me up like this one."

Anyone with information about the women may call Fairfax police at 703-691-2131.


The clothing description is not that of which the everyday normal person would wear.... this clothing is VERY expensive!!! I looked up Classiques Entier wool slacks and they are $188.00 , A Classiques Entier silk sleeveless top is $98.00.....I am thinking this woman had means , maybe a wife of a government official, or some other profession that makes real good money to afford clothing like this...
here is a site with the prices of the clothing:

Looked at the link on the clothing...this brand is exclusive to Nordstroms---the state of VA only has five stores in the state and NEW YORK has 4 Nordstrom stores...checked Washington, DC has none...The cities in Virginia with a Nordstroms are Dulles, McLean, Arlington, Richmond and Norfolk.

Nordstrum store distances from Annandale, where the uid was found...

1400 S Hayes St, Arlington, VA (2.37 miles away)

8075 Tysons Corner Ctr, Mc Lean, VA (7.64 miles

7111 Democracy Blvd, Bethesda, MD (9.76 miles away

15760 Shady Grove Rd, Gaithersburg, MD (16.41 miles

45575 Dulles Eastern Plz, Sterling, VA (20.40 miles

2700 Potomac Mills Cir, Woodbridge, VA (20.52 miles

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 101